Tuesday, July 20, 2004

fancy shmancy...
 
This is kinda cool. That I can make all these spiffy embellishments, I mean. Who needs a plain old boring blog when you can blog in style?
 
Or at least in color.
 
Whatever. I guess I'm not that impressed. And I'm certainly not compelled to apply a new font and/or color to every paragraph I type. That would just be a pain. In short, I suppose my blog will remain virtually the same, despite all the added options. Pity.
 
Ok, so... life. The abridged version.
 
*A tan would be nice. Really nice.
 
*Work is good. Days off are better. Paychecks are best.
 
*King Arthur, to be honest, was disappointing. The frozen-lake battle scene was impressive, but not worth the price of admission. However, if one happens to be of the male variety, the movie does boast incentives (blood, fire, weapons, body paint, and Keira Knightley) that might make a new hole in one's wallet a bit more bearable.
 
*Szechuan Empire (new Chinese place nearby) is super yummy. And I've discovered that although Hot and Sour Soup holds no appeal for me whatsoever, I'm a big fan of Won-Ton Soup.
 
*My friend's mother is recovering beautifully from surgery -- praise God.
 
*Re-connecting mid-summer with Hillsdale voices is a lovely thing... I only wish that more of my dear friends were reachable.
 
Well, there's more to say but no time to say it.
For now... Banana Boat, I will not give in to the temptation of the bottle. I spurn your fake-tan-orangey-ness.
HA.
 

No comments: