Thursday, December 09, 2004

Before I completely give up and surrender to the welcoming sight of my pj pants and fluffy pillow, I must satisfy my conflicting desire to be productive. See, when I blog, I generate almost instantaneous results. I click the little "publish" icon, and there you have it. A spankin new post for all to read. Ok, for some to read. Alright, fine, for a few to read. Whoever wants to read it, can. Shut up.

So instead of writing another paragraph of my paper -- which, relative to the amount of satisfaction I feel after a blog posting, pleases me very little -- I've decided to type a few lines here and see what happens. Inevitably, I will feel a mixture of accomplishment at finishing my post and a mild resentment that my time spent typing was not better spent in slumber. But it's my choice; thus, it's also my fault. It always is.

But, because the prospect of sleep is so appealing to my exam-weary mind and drooping eyelids, I'll abbreviate. Perhaps some of these things that I mention briefly here will be blogged about in further detail in the future. Perhaps not. I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

*The Messiah performances... if you have to stand for two and a half hours, what better way to do it than to spend it singing praises to our King of Glory for His miraculous birth, precious life, redeeming death, and everlasting triumph?!

*Aaron White came to visit on Thursday/Friday night to see Messiah!!! What a blessing to have him back on campus, even if it was only for a day and a half!

*Saturday, 12.4.04. Messiah. Oakley. The Outpost. Fun times. Good company. Yay!

*Writing a coherent, five-page paper on a topic that makes no sense at all, during the day, in between classes and such because you fell asleep the night before -- and definitely NOT for a fifteen minute power nap -- is what I call success. Proceeding to shower and prepare notes for a meeting with a professor to discuss yet ANOTHER paper in less than an hour is also success. Getting out of unnamed professor's office alive counts as third success of the day.

*The Mu Alpha Concert made my night on Tuesday. Mostly because my day was so terrible. But really, I thoroughly enjoyed the concert -- all the guys did a great job; especially memorable were the SAI Concert's "Sad Song" rebuttal, given in the form of the "Happy Song" and a certain *very secure* young man's rendition of a song from Disney's The Little Mermaid. In costume. I'm not kidding.

*You know that day that they set aside for us students so we can catch up on rest and then be productive and study before exams begin? Pssh. Yeah, that worked.

*I just had my first exam. Three more to go. Two more papers. So almost done. Score!


I'm definitely ready to get out of Hillsdale for a little while. There's been too much trauma and drama around here, and I'm ready for a change in atmosphere. I'm ready to wake up late. er. I'm ready to make the house pretty with Christmas decorations. I'm ready to do a little pleasure reading. I'm ready to see my cat. And make sure she doesn't make a meal out of George, my fish who will be coming home with me. I'm ready to dance on my stage again. I'm ready to beat my brother at Battleship. And maybe now I'll challenge him to Mortal Kombat. I'm ready to see old friends. I'm ready to spend time with family. I'm ready to have my faith rejuvenated and my spirit refreshed. I'm ready to sleep.



I'm ready to say, "Would you like me to start a fitting room for you?"


No comments: